Since joining the ACC in 2004, the Virginia Tech Hokies have been one of the most successful football programs in the conference. But, after a challenging couple of seasons, fans are ready for a change.
Enter new head coach Brent Pry.
Pry, who comes to Blacksburg after a successful stint as defensive coordinator at Penn State, inherits a talented Virginia Tech team.
Hokies are ready for an exciting season ahead!
Virginia Tech Football – Mark Your Calendars
Mark the dates, fans, because starting September 2, going towards October, November, and December, you are going to witness your favorite college football team go against a number of teams. Judging from the recently released schedule, it’s definitely going to be a jam-packed season you wouldn’t want to miss.
- September 2 – vs. Old Dominion (in Norfolk)
- September 10 – vs. Boston College (in Blacksburg)
- September 17 – vs. Wofford (in Blacksburg)
- September 22 – vs. West Virginia (in Blacksburg)
- October 1 – vs. Duke (in Chapel Hill)
- October 8 – vs. Pitt (in Pittsburgh)
- October 15 – vs. Miami (in Blacksburg)
- October 27 – vs. NC State (in Raleigh)
- November 5 – vs. Georgia Tech (in Blacksburg)
- November 12 – vs. Duke (in Durham)
- November 19 – vs. Liberty (in Lynchburg)
- November 26 – vs. Virginia (in Blacksburg)
- December 3 – ACC Championship (in Charlotte)
If you can’t make it to the games, don’t worry. You can always catch them on TV or online. Find more details on the VT 2022 schedule at HokieSports.com.
How to Support Virginia Tech Football
If you’re looking for ways to support your favorite football team, consider the following:
- Show your support on social media. A simple tweet or post showing your love for the team can go a long way.
- Wear Virginia Tech gear with pride. Whether you’re sporting a t-shirt, sweatshirt, or hat, show the world you’re a Hokie fan.
Of course, the best way to support Hokie Football is to plan to attend a game or two! Nothing gets fans more hyped up than being in the stadium and experiencing the game firsthand.
If you can be there in person, be sure to get there early for tailgating!
Tailgating in Hokie Nation is huge. So huge you’ll have to carefully plot out your pre-football party between a few hard-to-miss options.
Might we suggest:
- Stopping by The Inn at Virginia Tech for our pregame gathering. We party with live music and complimentary tailgate food for every Hokies home game. Plan on arriving about three hours before the game starts and staying until an hour before kickoff … or anytime in between!
- Hokie Village pregame festivities occur near the stadium and offer a fun, family-friendly atmosphere. There, fans enjoy music, food trucks, a beer garden, tailgate games, and special appearances by Virginia Tech student-athletes, including the Spirit Squads and the HokieBird.
Plan Your Football Getaway at The Inn at Virginia Tech
No matter how you choose to support the team, make sure to do it in style by planning a football getaway to The Inn at Virginia Tech. Situated just steps away from Lane Stadium, our Blacksburg hotel is the perfect place to stay for any Virginia Tech home game. Call for availability 540-231-8000.