Mother’s Day is May 9th. Do you have plans for celebrating your mom? From changing our diapers to making sure we were always fed to tenderly caring for us, our moms have been crucial in our lives from the very start. It can be hard to find a meaningful way to let her know just how special she is. If you’re feeling a little stuck in trying to find the perfect way to celebrate your mom, don’t fret. Whether your mom is near or far, we have some unique ideas to help you show your mom just how much you love and appreciate her.
Celebrating Mother’s Day In Blacksburg
If you and your mom are local to Blacksburg there are some wonderful opportunities for pampering your mom. First, how about a delicious take-out lunch. Meet at the park, take it to her at home, or gather at a place that is special to you as a family. Prestons is offering a meal that feeds 4-6 or 10 so you can invite the whole family! The menu includes favorites like salad, ham, macaroni and cheese, banana pudding, and more!
After lunch, how about a stroll through Hahn Horticulture Garden. Reminisce about the good times while you enjoy the beauty of the scenery around you. If you prefer something with indoor options, try out a tour at Historic Smithfield.
UNIQUE IDEAS TO CELEBRATE MOM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
- Make her breakfast. She spent years making breakfast for you, it’s your turn to do that for her. Go all out with all her favorite breakfast options.
- Not a great cook? Remember, Prestons is offering a mouth-watering take-out Mother’s Day Brunch. Plate it up at home and hide the boxes – we won’t tell anyone that you didn’t do the cooking!
- Bring her flowers and a heartfelt note. Moms are never told enough just how much we need them, take the time to remind her just how much you love and appreciate her.
- Get crafty. Try out a paint night, or print off photos and start a scrapbook.
- Focus on the time together! Even if you aren’t able to really get out much, just focus on spending time together in a way that she enjoys.
MAKING IT SPECIAL EVEN IF YOU CAN’T BE TOGETHER
If you can’t meet in person, delight her with a lovely gift from afar. Thanks to the internet, we can almost be in the same room even from thousands of miles away. Order breakfast for your mom to have delivered to her doorstep. Send her flowers, or one up yourself, and get a subscription for a month, 6 months, or even a year so she has flowers to look forward to every week.
Take a class together virtually – there are endless options of classes that can be enjoyed from anywhere in the world. Make a kit with all the spa things and send your mom a box. Hop on zoom, and have a spa night. Remember: the gift of time is as valuable as any trinket.
We hope you’ll get to celebrate Mother’s Day in Blacksburg this year, if not, we’re sure that whatever you do or however, you celebrate will be full of warmth and meaning. Happy Mother’s Day to all!